I'm in love. I'm so excited that I was able to get some cool fireworks shots the other night. Sorry for the overload here. If you want settings or want to know how I captured these, just let me know! Do you think they should be brighter? These are pretty much SOOC. Bridge made its standard "corrections" and adjusted exposure to underexpose by 1.25 stops on each one. I left it as is (more or less) but I could brighten them if I go back and increase the exposure a bit. What do you think?
I think they are all fantastic. Now what in the world are you going to do with all these shots? LOL That's what I always ask myself. I can't wait to try this myself tomorrow night. I'll probably take just as many...if not more, and then they'll sit on a disk for eternity. LOL
I used my Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 at the 28mm end. I have to say that I wish I'd had a wider lens with me as I wasn't always able to get the full burst in the viewfinder, but we were pretty close.
My settings: f/8, ISO 200 (though it should have been 100 and I forgot to change it). Shutter speed set to bulb. I tried both 1 and 3 seconds and it wasn't long enough. With bulb, I could control how long each exposure was for. Set the lens to manual focus and set focus to infinity (there's a symbol on the lens itself).
Hey girl! Just wanted to stop by to thank you for taking the time to post the settings in the thread at the pod :) Your fireworks look AWESOME! I'm all set (thanks to you) for tomorrow and hopefully they'll turn out just as good ;)
Julie, I just wanted to post on here (again)but this time to THANK YOU for sharing ~ I used the settings and got some Awesome shots! Thanks so much!!!!!
15 comments:
great shots!! I would love to know settings and which lens you used??
I think they are all fantastic. Now what in the world are you going to do with all these shots? LOL That's what I always ask myself. I can't wait to try this myself tomorrow night. I'll probably take just as many...if not more, and then they'll sit on a disk for eternity. LOL
GREAT shots! I'm dying to know about the lens and all your settings for this!
I used my Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 at the 28mm end. I have to say that I wish I'd had a wider lens with me as I wasn't always able to get the full burst in the viewfinder, but we were pretty close.
My settings: f/8, ISO 200 (though it should have been 100 and I forgot to change it). Shutter speed set to bulb. I tried both 1 and 3 seconds and it wasn't long enough. With bulb, I could control how long each exposure was for. Set the lens to manual focus and set focus to infinity (there's a symbol on the lens itself).
If you try it, please share!
I will have to try this, thanks for sharing!! I think they look great
Awesome Julie, I'll def. be trying that tomorrow night ~ TFS! Love these, that last one is so beautiful, I love the subtle color changes ~ WOW!
WOW! Those are great.
THESE ARE GREAT!!! I LOVE THESE. nice shots!
leah
Awesome shots, can't wait to try them tomorrow night. Thanks for the settings!
I just started playing around with this tonight. I'm downloading my first tries right now. I hope some turned out!!
have a blessed day! kd~
Hey girl!
Just wanted to stop by to thank you for taking the time to post the settings in the thread at the pod :)
Your fireworks look AWESOME! I'm all set (thanks to you) for tomorrow and hopefully they'll turn out just as good ;)
TFS!
They look amazing! I wish I would have been able to capture them like this . . . live and learn, I guess. Thanks for sharing!
These are gorgeous! I love this effect. Thanks for sharing!
~Jen (jenjie @ 2peas)
Julie,
I just wanted to post on here (again)but this time to THANK YOU for sharing ~ I used the settings and got some Awesome shots! Thanks so much!!!!!
Oh my!
I took some, ok a whole bunch.
And I see now that I totally missed the boat compared to yours...these are fabulous!
Post a Comment