Thursday, July 12, 2007

Emily

I love this park. Tell me the architecture here isn't gorgeous. We were killing time on Monday and decided to go here. That photographer in me was immediately wishing my girls were wearing some really cute dresses, but not. :( Anyway, here are some of Emily. I'll post the ones of Anna later this week or next week. I was really trying to work on metering here. Very tough. Some shadows, some bright sun in the background. That was not easy. Thank goodness for RAW. I will say that I did actually get two of these four exactly properly exposed with great skin tones, SOOC. I'll pat myself on the back for that. ;)

I'll tell you what... Is this a 6 (almost 7) year old attitude here or not?
Willingly posing here for me. *shocked*
She actually thinks this might be kinda fun. :)
Check out the holes in that smile.
Evolving to just plain goofy. :D
To... this.
OK. Seriously. Mom. Are we done yet?
I would have loved to convert the others to B&W but her shirt is too close in tone to the pillars and it all blended together. Not enough contrast.

You know, the sad part about all of this is that the pictures of Anna are so much cuter. Well, maybe "cuter" isn't quite the right word. Different. They have such different personalities. When Anna doesn't want me taking her picture, she just flies off on her own, doing her own silly little thing. When Emily doesn't want her picture taken, well, you see what I got above. Please tell me she'll outgrow this. ;)

12 comments:

Bobbi said...

Beautiful pictures :) That's not Ault park is it? It looks like a park near me that I love.

April Ziegler said...

So cute w/ the missing teeth. Seems like she cooperated for awhile, at least. Oh, I missed your triplet post yesterday so I have to say that I LOVE them. Especially the last one w/ all their little feet. Can't wait to see more!

Erika said...

Great architecture to play with there! My 7 year old dd is getting so much better, but I will take one, and then say, "ok, just one more," and 10 later, she is really sick of me. But, she is coming up with poses on her own and wanting to look at them..etc. Hopefully it will get easier from here! And I love that last one, so much of her personality showing through. Erika

~JustJulie~ said...

Bobbi, yes, that is Ault Park. I grew up in Cinci and was there visiting my parents last week.

Trisha said...

I wish I was near this park! It would be great for Senior shoots! And also, I missed yesterday's post of the triplets and they are WONDERFUL!

Jan said...

Oh... you got some great ones, imo. My kids don't cooperate often, so I can totally relate. That's why I end up with lots of "object" pics on my blog. LOL! I just love the second one... Her smile is just awesome!

Amy said...

What a beautiful park, wish I lived anywhere remotely close to a place like this! These are great, I've gotten that look in that last one quite often from my almost 6 year old! He's never liked his picture taken, ever! It figures, both my kids don't like it:(

Jen said...

Those are so great! I love that last one!

Me said...

I was thinking the exact same thing as Trisha...great location for seniors...weddings... proms...engagements...
families...children...
births...(ok, not births)LOL

Really cute shots. I can't wait to see Anna's. Now you really have us all on the hook for triplet shots and Anna shots. LOL

Tera Fraley said...

Adorable shots and great location!! I love the last one, too cute. Atleast she sits still ds is 2.5 and all I can get is a blur- why I have NO pics of him yet!

bprincephoto said...

Wonderful pictures. Isn't it funny how our own kids hate having us take their pictures? LOL My girls are the same age and act the same way. LOL Great shots

Dar Kaso said...

Great looking park and the photo's are adorable, love the toothless look.