Thursday, July 5, 2007

From the Fourth

I like to get a picture every year of the girls on the Fourth. I like to see how they change from year to year. Plus, it's Molly's first one. I had to sneak this one in between the rainstorms yesterday. Technically, it's terrible. Sentimentally, it's cute.


We went to the neighbor's last night for dinner. It rained SO HARD. Poor Sharon was out grilling in the rain. Dinner was fabulous. The kids ate early, then put on a hilarious (and rather drawn out) show for us. Then, they watched a movie while we had dinner. We had salmon, shrimp, filets, an awesome salad, fresh green beans, then a wonderful dessert of shortcake with berries and whipped cream. Excellent. The joke was that there's no way I can top that, so the next time they're at our house, it will just be pizza. :D

Hope everyone had a nice holiday!

5 comments:

Angelica said...

What beautiful girls!! It rained here also and they even cancelled the fireworks...wah!

Sue said...

I think the picture is adorable. I like the idea of taking their picture every year together on the same date - and what a great date!

Mom2Drew said...

You're too hard on yourself. This a lovely shot, great color and expressions on your gals. Love the choice of clothing and what a fun idea. We had hail/rain yesterday too, what's the deal anyway?

Anonymous said...

Pretty shot of your girls. Sounds like you were treated to a fabulous dinner.

Melissa said...

oh I think this is a great shot of all 3! We had crappy weather too it rained all day and was pretty cold!