
Well, I started out looking up the definition of the word "nesting." There wasn't one. I thought I should take a picture of myself and send it in. I've gotten a lot of things done over the past few days. All laundry is done. All the basic baby clothes are clean and put away. The cradle is assembled and cleaned, the changing table is clean. I've vacuumed and dusted everywhere.
Today, I wanted to mop the floors. Well, one idea leads to another, and before you know it, I've replaced all the felt feet from the bottoms of my kitchen chairs with the screw-in sliders. I can't stand all the dust the felt ones collect. While doing that, I noticed how incredibly filthy the off-white chairs were, themselves. So, I wiped everything down Clorox wipes. Then, I mopped the floors, but not just the kitchen... why stop there?!?!?! I went ahead and did all non-carpeted floors in the house. Then, I got out my Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to clean up those little scuff marks that didn't come up with the mop. Well, that lead to wiping down the walls, doors, pretty much any surface within the house that had a scuff mark anywhere. And of course, this all before lunch.
So, after lunch, I rested a bit. I think I deserved it. ;) Then I got out the ironing board and iron. I'm taking a break again, but I'm quite certain that before dinner, all the ironing in my laundry room will be finished. That hasn't happened since last February.
We can probably all agree now that I'm definitely nesting. Not much left to do but WAIT. Really, I'm ready. It's a few weeks early, but that'd be OK by me.
Shooting info: Tamron 28-75 f2.8 Manual
ISO 200 | SS 1/80 | f=2.8 | AWB
11 comments:
Ugggh...waiting is the pits. :) This photo is great, especially with the story behind it.
LOL!
My second was 2 weeks late, and only came after the MD made her come out! I so remember every moment of the waiting...may your little one arrive safe, sound, and SOON!
I went through the exact same thing with my DD! To give you some hope, that night my water broke and we *barely* made it to the hospital, she was 2 1/2 weeks early (on X-mas day none the less)! Good luck, your baby will be here before you know it!
I can relate about the nesting...but not the cleaning;) Sounds like you're ready...can't wait to meet your little one.
What a great photo and concept. great job. sending baby come soon vibes
Can't relate to the nesting because I never went through it but If you get your house cleaned and can't find anything else your welcome to come stay with me for a while. lol
I love this idea! It would be great in your new little one's baby book! I hope you don't have to wait too much longer, I know how rough it is!
oh, i remember that phase...got lots done with the first one...not so much with the rest. LOL! good luck on your wait-hope it ends soon!
oooh, I'll be interested to hear how soon now you go into labor! My second was born in August, 2 1/2 weeks early and the day I went into labor with him I went on a cleaning jag. Couldn't stop myself, even washed down all the walls! Went into labor that night. Will be looking forward to newborn pictures soon!
Really like today's photo! Very creative!
This is a perfect picture to document the end of the pregnancy! I'm saving it to my "must take preggo photos" folder :)
Love this pic - really cool subject. Hope you don't have too much longer to wait.
Post a Comment