Friday, January 12, 2007

It's finally here!



Today is not about picture quality, here. It's all about my excitement. YEA! I started thinking about getting a Mac many months ago. It just took a while for it all to come together. So, it finally came yesterday. It's a little different (OK, a lot different) from a PC and it's taking a little time to adjust, but it's awesome. I still have lots of work to do to transfer files from my old PC and still have software to install and such, but it's exciting, nevertheless.

So anyway, boring picture today, but it's a part of me. :) Until today, I had to take my pictures, upload them to my laptop, save any pictures that I wanted to edit to my flash drive, then head over to my PC to edit in Photoshop. See, I was totally out of disk space on my PC so I couldn't upload pictures there, and I don't have PS on my laptop. Then, I had to move the internet connection from my PC over to my laptop along with my newly edited photo, to be able to post to Blogger, b/c my PC is so ancient that I couldn't even start Blogger on it. So, to post, I had to do it from my laptop. Trust me, WAY too many steps. It was so cool today to take a picture, upload it, edit it (just crop and border today) and then post all from the same computer. How easy!

That's probably way more than you actually wanted to know, but maybe it will help you understand why I'm so excited to have this. When I find some time, too, I'm going to change over the look of my blog, now that it's so easy to do from here. Have a great weekend, everyone!

9 comments:

nomo wino daph said...

Yay for you Julie!! How exciting! That is very cool looking, too! :)

Cindi Koceich said...

That is very cool! I can totally relate! I just got a new laptop over Thanksgiving and it puts my old PC to shame. It will be so nice not having to go through all of those steps!

Heidi said...

Congratulations....and it came with 2 cute fish as well! :)

Debbie said...

Big congrats!!

--cherry said...

That looks too cool!!....You must be sooooo excited =)....have fun playing with your new toy!

Sara D. said...

I am so stinkin jealous!!! I want one so bad, right now we have too many PC's in our house, but I MUST have one, just gotta have the funds!! 8 )

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new toy!!!Love the scren saver in it!
Cari

Krissynae said...

Love the back ground. Cool picture

Rheagan Leatherwood said...

Awsome! Great pic. I useally have problems taking a pic of t.v. or computer screens. Nice work.
Melissa H