Monday, January 1, 2007

Happy New Year!

You've probably seen that commercial. You know, the one where the mom pops out from behind the clothes in the closet, the dad's sorting through boxes in the garage, the daughter is looking though the TV cabinet, and the son, well, he's busy playing his hand-held video game. Then the dad yells "I've got it." It's a Home Depot ad for getting organized.

Well, I'm not much of a resolution maker. Actually, I hate New Year's resolutions. But, how about a New Year's goal? Yeah, that's it. And, there it is. Those pretty red boxes. I'm actually a rather organized person, when I want to be. So, my goal is not exactly to find a place for everything, I've pretty much already done that. Instead, it's to put everything in it's place. Daily, maybe. I have to be honest, though, that probably won't happen. Let's aim for weekly. There you have it. My New Year's Goal.

I have one other focus for 2007. Thanks to those I've "met" online at Two Peas I'm more challenged than ever to learn more about photography. So, welcome to my photo blog. My personal challenge is not only to begin to look at the world with a slightly different perspective, but also to improve on how I photography it. Of course, my favorite things to photograph are my kids, so there will be lots of them on here.

So, enjoy what here, come back often. And, hopefully you'll see me keep up with my goals and see my photography improve. Thanks for stopping by.

23 comments:

Jane H said...

Great first post for the challenge. I love that you truly captured the red of the tubs.

Rebecca said...

Way to go, great start :)

I like the pic of the tubs BUT now I have this nagging need to go take the tree down! If only I was organized LOL

Ingrid said...

Wonderful new year type picture - organizing. Something we all strive for.

Heidi said...

Perfect photo for Jan. 1. I'm so glad we got all of the Christmas decorations stashed away yesterday. :)

Anonymous said...

I love this. I love the composition and the way the top is sitting up alongside the totes. Awesome goal too!

Krissynae said...

What a great picture and blog entry. this would make a great page in a Book about me. Can't wait to see more.

Sheri said...

love it. everything looks good.

Kay said...

It looks like we share some of the same goals for photography this year! Great photo!

Michelle said...

good idea! and good luck staying organized :)

Jenny said...

Great first picture and very appropriate. I can't put away my decorations yet, we have a party this weekend. After that, the tubs will be coming out. Then I'll probably be the one posting a tub pic.LOL

Anonymous said...

Hey I had the exact same scene at my house!

Really creative idea, lovely composition!

Sara D. said...

I'm halfway done, got the tree down but it snowed so the outside decorations will have to wait for awhile. Looking forward to seeing more pics, I'm in the same boat as you, hope to learn with the challenge this year!!

Kathy said...

Great take on challenge and New Year's. Can't wait to see more.

Haleigh said...

Ohhh! This picture makes me feel like I need to peel myself away from the computer and get organizing. That's a great resolution. Great Picture!

Breezy's Creative Memories said...

I like the composition of this pic
Nice job
*Breezy*

nomo wino daph said...

Very cute photo!

And a great reminder that I need to buy a few more of those!

Dorothy said...

A great start to the year! Love the red... and love the positioning of the tubs too!

Dee Marie said...

Great shot. I love your New Year's GOAL. Don't they always say, "resolutions were made to be broken" - so, nice way to outwit them! The infamous tubs - I love the photo. Shows your organization.

Cindi Koceich said...

Love the shot and what it stands for! I need to get and stay organized too!

Mar said...

My sentiments exactly rebecca!

I like the composition. It may be underexposed a tad.

cristina said...

i know what you mean. i think i own more plastic containers that anyone else in my family and i'm still not completely organized. as you said, take it one week at a time. nice shot, you might want to use a color pop action in ps to bring it out a bit more.

Adrienne said...

lol...too funny, my husband went and bought 12 of these storage bins TODAY, it's what we do in the New Year right? :) Love the picture...and your bins have cool colors, have yet to see red/green ones!

Jenn said...

Pefect photo for the day! Sounds like we have a lot in common. I'm hoping to learn everything new about photography and TwoPeas is just the place to do it! Hope we can all learn lots of new stuff in the New Year!