Thursday, January 4, 2007

Somebody needs some rest...

It's been one of those busy days around here. We've run here, we've been there. And this sweet, but very tired little girl has only napped about 15 minutes, and that was on the way to get Emily from school. So, busy mom that I am, I took the easy way out and tucked her into my bed and turned on Dora. And, of course, blankie had to come along. Think she'll fall asleep? Doubt it. :)

As for the photo, I like the small DOF, it's just not in the right spot. I'm a little bothered by her left eye being so out of focus. But, check it out, I did manage to capture the catchlight in her right eye. I have to say that I'm loving this 50mm lense. But, I need LOTS more practice.

ISO 400 | SS 1/80 | f=1.8 | AWB

17 comments:

Sara said...

I like the color of this- it's so soft, it fits the mood just right. I agree about your area of focus, but it is still a lovely photo.

Anonymous said...

I like the softness of this photo . . . to me it reflects the mood of the moment.

Itworksforbobbi said...

So sweet, and yes, soft! I like it. Some photos need some "mood", you know? So sweet. I love the skin tones (so hard to achieve sometimes) and the "moment".

I have a silly non-photo-related question: When you post your settings, how do you do it with the little lines in between??

jordan.krogman said...

What a sweetie! Hope she sleeps well for you tonight!! :O)

Liz said...

Love the colors and the softness of the photo it adds to the soothing feeling of the image.

Debbie said...

Awww...what a sweetie.

Sara D. said...

I'm on this learning curve with you. such a difference from the kit lens to the 50mm! I have the 1.4 and love it but you've really got to watch yourself!

cristina said...

your dd looks so pensive and sweet. the blankie makes it so baby like. how i miss those days. nice dof, and don't worry i guess most of us need practice at the 1.8 AV. keep it up!

. said...

What a little cutie! The focus on both eyes is something I'm trying to work on too! I really like the feeling of this picture.

~JustJulie~ said...

Bobbijo_g~ The little line is above the backslash (same key). I will say, though that when I tried it my first two days of blogging, it didn't work. For some strange reason, it did today. I think I edited by clicking on the html tab and that's where I was able to put it in. Hope that helps.

Krissynae said...

Very soft photo and s sweet face

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful girl...just like her mommy. Nice job!

Rebecca said...

Sweet photo :)

~JustJulie~ said...

Well, thank you, Diane. That was an awefully sweet comment. :)

Amanda said...

Very sweet capture. That is a great lens with a bit of a learning curve. When you're wide open at 1.8 just about anything on a slightly different plane than your focal point will be out of focus. keep it up though, it's a ton of fun and you'll get used to it.

Patti said...

lovely photo. I really like the shallow DOF. It's hard to get that focus point where you want it though isn't it. I have looks of pics with really sharp hair and blurry eyes.

Kathy said...

Oh, so, precious. She's a real beauty and oh so soft.