Thursday, January 11, 2007

Being silly


Today, I decided it was time for a real photo, not just snapshots. You've seen enough of those by now. :P And, since Anna's home all day with me and Emily's in school, Anna became my subject. She really wasn't very willing, despite my bribes that she could put on her makeup (that's Chapstick in our world). With that 2 y/o attention span wearing thin, she could no longer resist rolling all over the sheet, turning it into a tent, climbing across it, anything but sit still. Actually, when she started having fun, the pictures turned more fun. The tricky part is trying to capture a quickly moving toddler and still be in focus.

I'm really loving Photoshop, especially the more I learn about it. So, I had fun playing with this photo. I cropped a little and adjusted the curves some, and that's about it. Take with my 50mm lense in Manual. I totally forgot that my ISO was still set at 800 from yesterday, (oops) so that's why the really high SS. Please, any and all HHCC welcome. I love learning about this and really do appreciate all the comments you all leave for me. Thanks!

Settings: ISO 800 | SS 1/2500 | f= 2.2 | WB Daylight

18 comments:

cristina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cristina said...

i think the shot is just great. her smile says it all. she looks happy. great job with the white background (i don't dare to do that just yet)!
-oops - sorry about the deleting, i meant to edit the post but didn't know how :(

i wanted to add that i love your organization. i tried to do that to no avail (same problem with husband) and my dd's aren't interested in being organized :( you just gotta share your secret!

Cindi Koceich said...

I love this shot! She is exuding happiness! I love how her eyes sparkle...great catchlights. I'm nervous about using a white backdrop too...yours looks awesome!

Haleigh said...

Very cute picture. Some of the best pictures of my 2yo are from when she's not cooperating.

cephotos said...

Love it! Agree, my favorite shots of my 2YO are "candids" - trying to pose a toddler is like trying to herd cats!!

Jenny said...

Fun picture. I love shots of kids just being kids...even more so than posed shots. This is a keeper.

Lorrie said...

She's adorable, the pic is adorable and I love how sharp her eyes are! And her little bandaid! lol.

Carolyn said...

very nice photo! I really like the color, and it looks like your dd was having a ball, you'd never know she'd been a reluctant participant.

Debbie said...

Very cute! I love that angle.

Dar Kaso said...

What cutie, great captures of her, she looks so happy!

Michelle said...

great pic. I totally understand having a 2yr old myself. :)

Amy Covey said...

What a sweet photo! I love her expression...and the little band-aid on her finger! You did a great job with the white background! I definitely have not perfected that yet. Any tips?!?!

nomo wino daph said...

Julie, great shot! She is precious and I think you did a great job!

Krissynae said...

love this action shot. She is way too cute. She is a great model. What a great smile

~JustJulie~ said...

I wish I could tell you that I did something special with that white background, but I didn't. I don't know how that turned out so nice. It's just a white sheet hanging over the back of the couch. I adjusted the curves a bit, but that's about all. Thanks for the kind comments. I do like this one.

Sara D. said...

Love the DOF here, did good on the focus here!!

Amanda said...

I think that this is a great capture! no cc for ya

Patti said...

Gorgeous pic. Lovely DOF. Great focus, and the cutiest little girl