Friday, May 25, 2007

A new round of Tag

I've been tagged by Melissa at my own game. Her challenge to me is a before and after, what I've learned over the years.

I got my first "semi" SLR in August of 2002. It was an Olympus with all the cool functions and control but without the interchangeable lenses, though I could add on a zoom lens. I was trying to find some picture I'd taken originally, but wasn't having much luck. I settled on these b/c they are kinda portrait-like. These pictures are of Anna at 5 months old, in September of 2004. They're very fuzzy and the lighting is way wrong, but I got some catchlights. Of course, that was before I even knew what catchlights were and how incredibly hard they are to capture (for me at least). I've definitely learned a lot, but there's so much more.

Check out my next post to see how far (or not so far) I've come. The next post is pictures of Molly that I took today. She's almost four months old, so it's kinda cool to compare the two girls. I can't believe how much more hair Molly has than Anna. I had to laugh when I dug these out.

The comment was made yesterday that it really is a nice thing to be able to tell when you look at a photo what's not right about it, or what settings were wrong. I'm not to the point yet that I always know what to correct while I'm shooting, but I can look at the photos and know where I need to improve next time.


No comments: