Monday, May 21, 2007

A Monumental Structure

Just a few more from our trip last week. We told Emily that we'd take her to see the Arch. I, however, was not going up. Did it once, many years ago. Once is enough. It took Nick two hours to get through and he had both of the older girls, so I stayed behind and walked around with Molly. Needless to say, I had plenty of time to take pictures, but I don't have any with the girls in them. By the time they finally got out, we had to rush to get lunch and back to the airport.

I wish I'd had a wider angle lens with me, but all I had was my 28-75 so I couldn't get the whole thing in. Got a couple of neat perspective, though.





4 comments:

Heather said...

Nice view! I agree I would stay on the ground too:) Way too high for me:) I've never been there but your shots are making me want to!

Dar Kaso said...

Great shots of the arch. Nice perspective. I went a few years ago, it was fun, the kids really enjoyed it. Your shots of the plane window from yesterday rock. The colors and clouds looks fabulous.

Jan said...

Never been there. I didn't realize it was such a thin structure! I do like the perspectives on this--really neat. And, I just love the wing shot from the post prior to this one. Gorgeous!!

Heather Tracy Photography said...

I used to live in St louis misery, I mean missouri :) Did you go to Imo's pizza? Ted Drews? If not, make sure you go next time :) The best thing about st louis is the FOOD :)