Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Some Macros

No habit photos today. Just foolin' around with some macro shots. I'm taking my lead from "MichyM," though my attempts pale in comparison. That's ok! =D Used the Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 on these, plus cropped a little closer in PS. I took a bunch of these just hand-holding. The bleeding heart is one. The rest were so blurry, so I set up a tripod and tried again. Couldn't believe the difference that made.

This poor little strand of flowers is a little behind the times. The rest of the plant bloomed weeks ago. This one must just be a late bloomer.
A little drop remaining from yesterday's rain.

This is a Jackmanii (I believe a type of clematis???) It just began to bloom this week and it's covered in buds. You can see them in the background.

16 comments:

Itworksforbobbi said...

These are fabulous- so crisp! I really love the water drop. It's beautiful.

Trisha said...

These are great! I need to dig out my tripod...I NEVER use it, and really need to get in the habit of doing so...I love clematis too...Ours just started to bloom as well!

Lauren Hartman said...

These are gorgeous! I'm impressed you were able to capture them without a macro lens, great job! Try diffusing the light a bit on the bleeding hearts. If you don't have a diffuser, try some white fabric, or even a white sheet of paper....it will help even out the light on the tops of them a bit.

April Ziegler said...

Good job! I think the first shot is wonderful, especially for being handheld. Love the dof. And the water drop is fabulous.

Michelle said...

wow. you did great! love that clematis.

Me said...

You did marvelous (typed in my best Billy Crystal voice). Love that tiny water droplet.

Jen said...

These are great! I need to get out and start taking some pics of our flowers....

amazing grace said...

love that first one! i also want to get a clematis....great shots!

leah

Dar Kaso said...

Very nice shots. The bleeding hearts are so cool looking, never have seen a real one.

Heather said...

These are so pretty! You did a great job! I'm terrible about using my tripod-so lazy....May have to pull it out next time:)

Mom2Drew said...

the tripod really must have helped because these are just lovely. That waterdrop is wonderful and the colors are nice and rich, yet natural. Got anymore to share? I love looking at flower shots.

bprincephoto said...

These are wonderful. So sharp. That water droplet is great.

Tera Fraley said...

Such amazing shots, beautiful flowers! They are so clear... amazing work!

Joanne Fowler said...

Great job! I love the rain drop and the color in the last one is fab! The first one is neat but the background is a little busy to define the subject. Maybe move just a hair to the left or right to get more green in the background for some contrasting color? Beautiful nonetheless!

Tori said...

These are really great! I love the coloring on these... and I love the one of the dew drop!

Jan said...

These are just great, Julie! Love the water droplet.. It's wonderful!