Saturday, June 16, 2007

Girls will be girls

Holy smokes, I can't believe it's been 10 days since I've posted. Did you miss me??? Boy, that basement playroom sure is lookin' good, though. =)

The girls have a new activity... "Beauty Salon." They like to do their hair all up, put make-up on (that's Chapstick, here) and glitter and nail polish. Then they pretend that they are someone else. I think Anna's pseudo name is "Abby" and Emily's name is "Cady." I have no idea where "Abby" came from, but I know "Cady" was this little girl back in Ohio that Emily knew. And this whole thing started the day after I took Emily in for a haircut. I let her choose the cut. When we got home, she told me she"finally got the short hair that I've wanted, like Cady's." Who knew??? So, they do this "beauty salon" daily, and have even gotten their friends involved. You should see them, it's a trip!

Emily (I mean Cady) is the mastermind here, she does all the application. We work from the bottom up, I guess, starting with the glitter roller thingy on the feet. Smells like grape!

Next, it's on to the Chapstick, scented as well. Such a willing participant she is.
My turn!
And now, all those hair accessories. I didn't know it was possible to put so many things in your hair at once... head bands, barrettes, clips...
Admiring her beautiful self and her sister's handiwork.
And, three more headbands...Last but not least, all the goods... the lotions and potions. Think these girls will be high maintenance? I think I'll save these as warnings for their future husbands. ;)

9 comments:

Teri said...

Great pictures. the girls will love these when they get older, great memories you captured.

Tera Fraley said...

Great pics! I love the colors and the last one is great. These are so fun and they look like they are having so much fun

Tera Fraley said...

Great pics! I love the colors and the last one is great. These are so fun and they look like they are having so much fun

Jen said...

OMG THESE ARE AWESOME! These are absolutely adorable and it's great that your girls are so close in age that they can play like that. My girls are 5 years apart so they will be missing out on fun stuff like that and I know my son definitely will NOT go along with getting his hair messed with. LOL
I love these!

Amy Covey said...

I love this sequence of photos, especially the last one showing all their "goods". My daughter loves to play salon...but her big brother usually doesn't want to play along. :)

amazing grace said...

what a fun series of pics! so cute! :) gotta love girly stuff!

leah

Michelle said...

LOL! high maintenance so early! too cute! you should do a storyboard and hang it near their vanity...tfs!

Me said...

I love it. I only have one girl in my house, and she never had any luck roping her brothers into her salon chair. :)
This is screaming for a storyboard.

Anonymous said...

This is the cutest post I've ever seen! I LOVE everything girl and this is to die for! I would LOVE to see more pics of your playroom. With all girls too, I'm always looking for more ideas. What a cool mom you are!