Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Silly girls

My neighbor just got this swing that hangs from the underside of their deck. It's basically a disk on a cord attached to a spring. But, it's the "new" thing around, so naturally, there was quite an attraction to it today. Here's Emily taking her turn.

Anna, however wouldn't get on the swing, so she kept herself entertained in other ways. She found my safety goggles in the garage from when I was cutting tile last week, along with the bucket I used to mix grout. Armed with those items and a stick, she went on her nature walk in the woods, which is really just a section behind our house, and our neighbors have cleared theirs of all the brush. So really she took a walk among the trees. Those goggles are a little big for her, don't you think?


11 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like summer fun on the swing! Love the goggles and she looks like she's striking a pose!

Unknown said...

too cute....i love the b&w conversions....VERY pretty....Such cute girlies too! :)

Michelle said...

LOL! love that second one. that is one serious look on her face! future botanist?

Bobbi said...

Cute pics- I love the 2nd one, amde me smile.

amazing grace said...

the first one is sooo cute!!!!

leah

Dana said...

Great captures! Why do little kids love safety googles so much? I think they must think they belong to a superhero or something.

Mom2Drew said...

Those saftey goggles make me smile! You know...you have an ability to capture simple moments and make them really extraordinary. You have a nice style to your documentation! I really enjoy looking at your blog and have added you to my favorites:)

Amy Covey said...

I love the safety goggles! Great photos...and I agree...you do a great job of capturing those simple moments in life.

Jan said...

Ohhhh... We used to have a tree swing that all the neighbor kids played on--whether my kids were out there or not. We had to cut that tree down because of disease and I was SO sad to see it go. So fun to see your kids on one... ;)

Love your dd in goggles, too. She looks so serious!! Ha!

April Ziegler said...

Your girls are so adorable! The swing looks fun. And if it keeps them entertained, sounds good to me =) Anna looks like she's on a mission, hehe... too cute!

Tori said...

These are really cute! I love the second one!