Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Daisy

Ok, so this is a last minute post. I wanted to get on tonight, but didn't have time to finish what I really wanted to post. So, you don't have to hold your breath or anything, but tomorrow's should make you laugh. I was laughing so hard taking the pictures that I just had to try to do something fun with them.

In the meantime, you get some daisies. I stopped over my neighbor's the other day. I never go to the front door, always the back one. But this time, for some reason, I went to the front door. As I walked around the corner from her garage, I spied the most beautiful daisy plant. I just knew I had to get some pictures of them. I went back today. It's grown out quite a bit more and had flopped over some, probably from the weight of the flowers along with the heavy rains we had last night, but they were still pretty. There were a lot more buds getting ready to open, too, so I might have to go play some more tomorrow.

On another note, I must thank Heather (mom2drew) for the most wonderful compliment to yesterday's post. Just when I'm feeling like I'm in a "photo funk" you go and say something so nice. Thanks for making me smile!


17 comments:

Mom2Drew said...

You're a sweetie and you know what? How did you know daisies were my favorite? So...it's a double-good day for me! I especially like #1, probably because it's shot from the underneath and something different. You just can't go wrong with these flowers though, so fresh and light.

Unknown said...

Aww...LOVE These...I'm a sucker for a daisy!!!

GREAT SHOTS!

Heather said...

These are so pretty! Fresh and beautiful! I love them!I wish I had some pretty flowers like that around....we had that same rain last night and today so no new pics for me:( But I've sue enjoyed yours!

Amy said...

How pretty! I love the second shot and how some of the petals from behind are visible. Great job ~ would love to see more.

Teri said...

Daisy's are so pretty

Michelle said...

these are so sweet and simple. you captured them perfectly. and your DOF is wonderful.

Jen said...

So pretty! I absolutely love daisies.

amazing grace said...

love daisies and your pictures are great! :)

Me said...

I love the second one. I have the perfect spot in my house for that picture. It is absolutely gorgeous. Daisies are my personal favorite!!!

Funk is officially ended!!! LOL

Trisha said...

So beautiful! I love daisies...they are such a happy flower! You can never frown when a daisy's around! LoL

Tera Fraley said...

Beautiful flowers, love the detail in them. They came out great, love flowers!

Tori said...

These are really pretty! I love the first one....

Melissa said...

This is one of the prettiest daisies I've seen!! The whites are white and I like your comp too!

April Ziegler said...

Wow Julie, these are beautiful! I love the first one, such a different perspective.

robin said...

I love these daisy photos - the whites are perfect! The second one is my favorite, I like seeing the yellow center. I am trying to grow these in my garden, but mine aren't blooming yet. Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

These are fabulous! I LOVE the composition in the first one and the DOF is fantastic! Don't daisies just make everyone smile?! :)

Amy Covey said...

Those are fantastic! I love the DOF and the simplicity. I agree...you are definitely out of the funk!!