I was trying to take a few pictures of Molly today, but she wanted nothing to do with it. That girl never stays in one place for more than 1/2 second. But, seeing the setup, Anna asked to have her picture taken. She was sick though (fever and throwing up) so she wasn't much into smiling. So, here's her I'm-not-feeling-very-good-but-please-take-my-picture-anyway look.
Please, I'm begging for it... I need some HHCC. Setting posted below the photo.

ISO 400 | SS 1/60 | f/2.2 | focal length 50mm | natural light
PP includes crop, curves adjustment to darken the black, and sharpen.
13 comments:
Very cute! I think her not feeling well, comes across nicely as a moody b&w picture.
Love the mood of the picture (so sorry your angel is sick though!).
For CC, there seems to be a little too much black at the bottom - could that be balanced with leaving a little more of her head in?
hope she is feeling better soon! like this in black and white fits the mood .
Love the pouty look. No real comments other than maybe a closer crop to even out the composition?
I really like this. I do agree though that you should crop a little closer. But other than that I like the moodiness and everything else about it. Hope she's feeling better.
I love that expression, although I hate that she's sick...it is sooo sweet. She has some amazing puppydog eyes. I'm amazed at how sharp this is at 1/60th. I don't have that steady of a hand.
I have no cc. BUT OMG I love the look on her face! So cute!
great conversion BTW
Julie, so sorry your model wasn't feeling well, but how sweet of her to pose for you! I see you're loving your 30D huh??
I think the picture is fab, my only cc is that the her arm looks a bit blown.
Aggggh - I left a long post and now it's gone. :(
I'll try again, but in short:
No HHCC from me. I like the crop. At first I wasn't sure if it should be tighter, but after looking more - I think it works. No blow outs seen on my end. Her eyes tell it all, great mood caught here. Works great in B&W. Thanks for leaving your settings, it really helps!
Now looking forward to that funny pose of little M you talked about!
This is what my Dad would call "expressive portraiture". I love the mood you captured in this!
LOVE this pic....what a sweetie....
I also love the mood. I like the crop, but her arm does look a tiny bit blown out to me too. Still a great picture.
I don't have too much more to add, I agree that her arm looks blown out, but I don't think that you need to crop this, I think the framing looks great; however, be careful about cutting off the top of her head, this one isn't distracting to me, but if you are just barely cutting out part of her head it will make it look like it was an accident. The dof helps to make it not look flat and her eyes really jump out. Great catch light in her eyes, and as others have said this is a great expression. Smiley pictures can get boring after you have seen them a few times, but expressions like this make you want to keep looking.
Post a Comment