A variety of photos from our little trip. Tired of these yet? :) It was way too hot to do too much. But, we at least got to see a few of the big attractions. The biggest one I regret not getting to was the Vietnam War Memorial. I've seen it before, but it's probably been 10 years or more. It was back in college.
The Korean War Memorial. Really makes you stop and think, doesn't it?

The newest of the memorials... The WWII Memorial. Wow! This was touching.

Several of the Washington Monument. I was totally drawn to the flags here. Oh, and my sorry attempt at sun flare.



The Jefferson Memorial.

The obvious. I took a few of the White House, then JUST as we were walking away to head to the car, they turned the lights on. I had to get this one. Love the glow of the lights on this.
6 comments:
Wow these are all beautiful. And yes they do make you stop and think. Especially so for me with a deployment looming. Beautiful job!
Beautiful! I lived in the DC area for over 35 years and I never got tired of seeing the sights.
Love the single flag against the Washington Monument one. 'Freedom is not Free' gave me goosebumps...
Great photos!! Very touching, all that they stand for!!
thanks for sharing these both of my boys and I would love to visit here.these are very touching Ihave always had a big soft spot for the military but even more so now being the mom of a Marine. Great shots.
your photography rocks!!!
Post a Comment