Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Calm After the Storm




Hi all! So, it's been a little busy here. We're all moved (moved in last Thursday) but I'm still going through lots of boxes. I think I might be doing that for quite some time.

And, now it's Spring. I know I've not been good about posting and commenting ever since Molly was born (11 weeks ago) but now we're moved, the family is all together again in one house (even being in the same state now is cool). That was a looooong 10 weeks acting as a single mom while dh was away working. :p But, with the weather change, and the new house and the not-so-new-anymore-but-still-tiny baby, I should have a lot to take pictures of.

I took this picture the other day. Our new house is on a wooded lot, so there's nothing but trees out the back windows. Then when I looked at the theme for the week, this just seemed appropriate. I'd planned on posting this anyway, but with the theme of *emotion* the title immediately came to mind. We now live in the northeast, a little different from the midwest, so I'm told. And, naturally, just days after moving in, I get to experience my first ever Nor'easter. I really didn't even know what that was. And, basically, I get the feeling it's a lot about a LOT of RAIN. So, it's a cloudy gray sky, but the rain had stopped for the time being and those tall trees out back were just beckoning me. It's a long way to the top, but those trees with their new buds against the gray sky just speaks "CALM" to me.

Have a great day, everyone!

4 comments:

lcp said...

Nice shot! Certainly depicts the feeling after the storm! I'm in the NE as well and yes, a nor'easter is definitely about a lot of rain, and a lot of wind - then flooding and downed trees, etc. Fortunately we don't get them that often!

Kathy said...

Very cool. I love shots of trees.
And congrats on your new home, your big move and of course, your newest addition to the family...My, but you have been busy...whewww! And welcome back. I've been MIA a few times myself but am trying to keep on top of it.

Sara said...

Welocme to the NE!
You got to experience a tremendous one as your first. Nor'easters are usually SNOW, and usually mean we get utterly slammed- and they usually last several days. You'll grow to love it here, I bet!
It's good to see you, we've missed your posts. We all want to see lots of that new little babe of yours!

Anonymous said...

Great shot! I LOVE the smell in the air before and after a storm. I just read your profile and we have a LOT in common (only I have 2 beautiful daughters, not three).....especially the hot bubble baths! Hee Hee Congrats on the new move and new baby, you are a busy woman!