
***
***
***
Did you guess it?

Yep. Only my Anna. You might have guessed that she's the mischievous one. You can just see it in her eyes.
But, here's the thing. I had just given her a little trim on Sunday morning. Her ends needed it. It was all uneven, and she'd never really had a haircut before, so I cleaned her up a bit. Sooooo. Just before dinner last night, she came to me as I was emptying the dishwasher. She was so proud. It went something like this:
HER: "Look Mom! I did the scissors like you"
ME: (Not having looked at her yet) "What sweetie?"
HER: "I did it like you with my hair"
ME: "NOOOOO!!! OHHHH NOOOOOO! Awww Sweetie! Noooo. That's only for Mommy to do."
HER: (now crying) "No Mommy. Mommy. Mommy."
So, now I've ruined her. She was so proud and I'm so heartbroken. That beautiful blond hair now has a really goofy cut. And, I feel terrible for making her cry when she was just doing what I had done a few days ago. Or so she thought. Certainly, a three year old cannot comprehend the consequence of cutting off her hair. I didn't yell, but she just cried and cried. She knew I was disappointed.
You know, Emily isn't like this. The thought would have never crossed her mind to cut her own hair. Nor could I have ever imagined Anna to think the same. But she did, with a pair of child's scissors. But, maybe I should have. On Thanksgiving, when she was just a year and a half old, she was playing with some of the older kids (a few years her elder) who had been coloring. Well, while no one was looking, she got a hold of the scissors and cut the front of her brand new shirt to pieces. You know, she really didn't want to wear that shirt that day, but I made her put it on. I guess I deserved that. She's got a mind of her own. As for her hair, guess I should have seen that coming too.
And now, we'll be wearing lots of "bow-bows" as she calls them. That's pretty much anything that we put in her hair. With a little maneuvering of the chunks of hair, we can *kinda* hide it. At least, I'll keep telling myself that.
How can you be upset with this little face?
10 comments:
OOOHHHH - what can I say??? It will be ok and you'll both recover! :-) Soon you'll be laughing about it. I'm sure I'll be going through that same situation at some point in the next year or two! The photos look great and I love the last one.
Awwwww! I feel your frustration. Poor thing (both of you). It will grow back. It's only hair, right? Still, UGH! Your photos turned out great...if that is any comfort. :)
Oh no!! It does happen. I keep waiting for it with my daughter too! Her friends have done it too! Too cute and it sounds like you handled it well!
You take well composed shots when you are upset :)
beautiful shots:-) So sad a story...I'm sure I will be able to relate as my DS gets older he's pretty sneaky and he's only 9 months! LOL
TWO THINGS when I read this post:
First: You, it is evident, are a very loving mom - I totally dig that and respect it! I can tell that you just truly like being mom and that the kids really adore you as well (I know that sounds funny, but I counsel to many kids that DON'T have loving parents that I know celebrate it any chance I get).
SECOND: She only cut "her" hair! I think almost every kid does this (me included) and be glad that she didn't hold a beauty session with all the neighbor kids (like I did) and cut EVERYONE's hair! Yea, you heard it :) I NOW understand why my mom was so upset!
Thanks for posting!
Oh, that's too bad! You got some great shots of it, though! My son did this a few months ago, but LUCKILY it was only my dd's barbie's hair! It will grow back soon.
Oh...bless both your hearts! It will be something to laugh at in the years to come!!
OH NO!!!!! At least it's kinda close to her bangs...you can fake it!
Oh no!!!!!!!!! I guess it's just hair, and it will eventually grow back. She is so cute though! make sure to scrap it!
Post a Comment