I've been wanting to take cute bath time pics for a LONG time now, but I finally got my flash so I could play. They're not perfect and I struggled with skin tones A LOT! I probably need to read my flash manual, huh?
What do you think? I'll take any CC you want to give. Thanks! Settings: Flash | ISO 100 | SS 1/1000 | f/2.8
Settings: Flash | ISO 200 | SS 1/500 | f/3.5
I'll see if I can get at least one "on theme" post up this week. Thanks for looking!
Julie, where are you bouncing your flash, it looks like on the ceiling? It makes it hard to get good catchlights that way. Try bouncing it on a side wall, or even the wall behind you but up just a touch, aimed where the wall meets the ceiling. Also, slow your SS WAY down to let some ambient light in. Flash freezes motion, so you can set your SS as low as about 1/30 (NO, that is NOT a typo) and get a sharp pic. Have fun!
21 comments:
Oh my gosh is that adorable!
Cari
Julie, I think they're fantastic! You can't tell you used a flash at all! They're just beautiful!!
Oh, squish! What funshots these are! No cc here- your light looks good and even, no blowouts that I see, no shadowing. Fun and pretty!
I think these photos are FANTASTIC! I adore the piggy photo.
Julie, where are you bouncing your flash, it looks like on the ceiling? It makes it hard to get good catchlights that way. Try bouncing it on a side wall, or even the wall behind you but up just a touch, aimed where the wall meets the ceiling. Also, slow your SS WAY down to let some ambient light in. Flash freezes motion, so you can set your SS as low as about 1/30 (NO, that is NOT a typo) and get a sharp pic. Have fun!
Me too... need to really do that. I love, love these pictures. Soo adorable. TOni
You did awesome with your flash. Can't tell at all that you used it! Great job!
great shots, such a cutie! love how you put the frame on these.how do you do that ?
I love the frame as well... but these are great shots! My daughter has the same bath animals and she loves them!
So cute, Julie! If you hadn't mentioned using the flash, I wouldn't've known. Very nice.
NO CC from me...these are just adorable!
I think the skin tones are great...love that 2nd one :)
oh i love shots like this - i so wish my kids were young enough for shots like these - these look great
Love that shot with teh pig... don't know why exactly, I guess the expression of concentration...
she is adorable, as are these pics! I never would've guessed that you used your flash... and the skin tones look great to me!
Great shots. My flash manual is no help at all. I just learned more reading Lauren's comment up above than I did from my whole manual.
Love the first one. Such nice creamy skin tones
you did a great job with flash
They both look really good. Seems like you're doing nice work with your flash.
These are wonderful, and I think you did a great job using your flash. Your baby is too stinkin' cute - so much personality shows in your work.
love bath shots. and wow, great comments re flash too!
Post a Comment