The first was experimenting with my flash. I was trying to use the manual mode on the flash and helping to fill-in the "dark side" due to the sun right in front of me. The flash was set a little too high, I think. I think mastering this flash is going to take some time!
The second was done trying to create a silhouette. It's the right idea, but something about it just looks off. I'll work on that some more, too.
CC welcome. Settings below each picture. Thanks!

ISO 200 | SS 1/100 | f/5.6 | Flash fired

ISO 200 | SS 1/80 | f/18
21 comments:
I love that first photo...the color is great! The second one is way cute to...I am not good at silhouette so no cc from me. Good luck getting to "know" your flash!
Cari
What a difference the flash makes! That first one is a great commercial for "spring is coming"--bright, but still cold! :) Love your header....
what a cute shot, the flash is not easy to master. good job
These are great shots. WHere on earth did you get her outfit?
Precious! LOVE her outfit! You have inspired me to work on my flash again!
Beautiful shots!! I love her outfit!
I am really struggling with my external flash, but it's fun to be able to get shots that I couldn't get before. So it's worth the effort.
laulley
So cute. Nice shots
Love that sun flare in the second one. Silhouettes is one of those subjects I just don't comprehend how to get yet.
These are both very nice, love the color in the first one and the sun rays in the second.
I enjoy doing silhouettes. What I do is meter off the sky next to the sun, but not including the sun in the meter reading, also set your WB to shady. That's what I do and have had success.
i love that first shot..it's adorable.
I love the composition on the first one
I love the first photo... too cute! I also love how the light from the sun looks coming through the trees in the second one, very cool!
i love the first shot. I have to catch up on that also!
Oh, I just also had to add that I was just looking through some older posts that I missed, and I just had to say, wow! You do such a great job!
Love your bit of sunflare in the second one. For a silhouette, you would have had better success if she were standing in that spot of light rather than in the shadows, and then you need to underexpose just a tad more. Those trees might cause problems though - she might blend into them. But the trees make awesome silhouettes!
These are really nice! I like the sunflare.
Your sunflare rocks!
These are awesome. I really love the color in the first one. What a differance the flash makes.
The last one is cool even though I am not sure that you got the exact effect you were going for. The sun looks so beautiful through the trees.
I think you did a great job with the fill flash! And wow...that sunburst is awesome!
Good for you and braving the cold! I really like the first shot. I haven't played around much with my flash outdoors. I need to give it a try.
Post a Comment