Thursday, February 19, 2009

5:45am

Day 1...

20 Pounds...

For no reason other than a random burst of motivation (and don't worry, those don't last long) I actually set my alarm to wake me up at 5:30am this morning. I pretty much ignored it, but alas, at 5:45 I got up and set off on my baby weight loss journey.

A few observations:

1. 20 pounds seems almost impossible. So I'm starting more realistically, aiming for 15 pounds. In fact, I never lost those last 5 from Molly. Let's just attribute that to age. :)

2. I think I dream skinnier than I am.

And 3. Virtually no one is awake at the ungodly hour of 5:45am. I drove though my neighborhood this morning and the only lights I could see were the lights left to illuminate the happy (and sleeping) homeowner's front porch. And, out on the more main roads in my whopping 2 mile drive to the Y, (and mind you, this isn't a little city) I saw more people running, my headlights beaming off the reflector strips on their pants and shoes, than I did other cars on the road. And yet, when I pulled into the Y parking lot, the place was PACKED!!! Leading me to conclude that either I'm crazy or I've just joined the world of the ultra motivated, physically active who get their workouts in before work, clearly overstepping my bounds. *sigh* Maybe a little bit of both.

Nonetheless, I did feel more motivated today. And there was a rather calm but surreal feeling when I walked back into the house this morning and all was still quiet. It was MY time. Wow, that almost never happens. :)

1 comment:

Kristi said...

That's SO great Julie!!! It's definitely hard to get motivated, but maybe the ME time will serve to be a lasting motivator!!