Monday, December 29, 2008

Meet my newest chunk of love

I know some of you have been patiently awaiting photos. I have just three for now (of course, there's bound to be LOTS more). This is Gus. He was born Dec. 17th at 2:31pm and he weighed a whopping 9 lbs, 3 ozs! He's such a good baby. Unfortunately, we did bring him home to a house full of germs. Molly was diagnosed with croup just days after he came home, so he is now fighting a cold. Aside from a snotty nose, some coughing and sneezing, he's perfect. He's pretty laid back (thank goodness, b/c in this house, he's gonna need to be.) :) He was fussy a little yesterday, but I think that's because he's not feeling so great. He goes to bed about midnight and only wakes up once. LOVE it! I can get two 3 1/2 hour blocks of sleep at night. And, if I can work it right, with Anna and Molly's nap schedule, and if Gus is asleep, I can even catch a few winks in the afternoon. All the girls are doing great with him, too. Emily can be a really big help (when she's not too wrapped up in being Emily.) Anna thinks he's pretty cool, but kinda lives in her own little "preschooler" world anyway. Molly LOVES him. She doesn't fully understand the meaning of the word 'gentle' yet, but she's getting there. Gus is going to have to be a tough little guy around her. Just yesterday, she pulled him out of his baby papasan seat (fortunately just a few inches above the floor) b/c she wanted to buckle his seat and he was laying on the buckles. My own fault for not buckling him in in the first place. I was just a few feet away in the kitchen making lunch, but fortunately, Emily was there to grab him before Molly was completely successful. :)

Our weather was crummy the past few days, but today the sun is out. Hopefully I'll get a chance to take some more pics.

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and have a happy New Year!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

20 comments:

Sara said...

Oh Julie, he's perfect!
Love your commentary, I can picture the whole scene. Glad everyone is adjusting well, and that he's letting you sleep to boot!
Your pictures are gorgeous. You are doing great, Momma!

Jan said...

Sara said it all--he's WONDERFUL and you're doing a great job!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Such a precious lil boy.

Jo said...

Oh Julie he is lovely! I just want to reach through my screen and give him a big ol' squeeze! Enjoy him, and yes, I do want to see more pics of him, so I hope the sun shines every day for you! Hugs, Jo

Yvette A said...

Oh he is soooo dang sweet! love the photos.

Photo's by Shan said...

He is perfect!!

Laurie said...

LOVE that first pic, he's perfect, congrats!!!

bcgal00 Rae said...

He is just precious! How do you even have time to take photos LOL? You must be sooo busy with your family right now. Take care and happy New Years to you!

Anonymous said...

Awww! *swoon* :)

Lou said...

He is amazing! That first picture is perfect - love the look on his face. Thanks for the little slice of your life. You sound like a very busy mom!

michelle said...

he is GORGEOUS!! i love love love those pics!! congrats!

Krista P said...

I just want to scoop him up and hug him. Congrats.

--sme said...

Julie, he is perfect and beautiful and I just want to snuggle and hug him. Congratulations on this newest addition to your family!

Lauren Hartman said...

Julie, he is beautiful...congratulations! That first image is complete and utter perfection!

Amy said...

Oh Julie,
He is just beautiful! What a sweet pea!

Anonymous said...

Wow, he is precious!! I love your pictures, esp. the first one, he looks so happy and satisfied in his soft basket!!

Regina said...

Wow Julie, these are all gorgeous, but that first one is just to die for!! Congratulations. He is just precious.

cristina c. said...

Julie, these are just beautiful! Congratulations on the birth of your son!

Vita said...

He is so perfect.

Your pictures are great! My daughter is expecting our first grandchild in Feb. I hope I can take some great pictures.

Anonymous said...

Just adorable! Oh my word...precious as can be.