Monday, December 31, 2007

A New Year

Happy 2008! Nick and I took the girls to Longwood Gardens this evening. How incredibly beautiful! I didn't get a lot of pictures of the indoor gardens because of lighting, and it was dark when we got there this evening, so no outdoor gardens either. But it is a gorgeous place. I can't wait to go back in the spring when everything is beginning to bloom. And, in the summer. And the fall. Oh heck, I think I may really grow to love this place. Just might have to look into the "Garden Pass" for those frequent visits. :)

Here are some photos of the dancing fountains. This was really cool and the girls loved it. Sorry for any blur, all hand-held. Then there's one photo from inside the Conservatory. I tried to get a few of the fireworks, but without a tripod, it was nearly impossible, so I scratched that.

Enjoy! And Happy New Year! :)







19 comments:

Val said...

These are really pretty! Did they have star shaped lights above the fountain?

amazing grace said...

I simply LOVE fountains like that! So mesmerizing!!! great shots---I need to find a fountain here...:)

leah

Ashley Hiskes said...

So beautiful!

flute4peace said...

You did a very nice job, even with handheld. It looks like a beautiful fountain!

Mom2Drew said...

Goodness...looks like Disney! So glad you're going to do this again, I've really enjoyed getting to know you and have felt I've grown up with Molly:)

Tori said...

Very cool shots! Love the colors in the fountains... and the last one is really pretty, too!

Tera Fraley said...

How neat, it looks like a grogeous place. Hate those low light situations, but those are great pics!!

--sme said...

Those fountain shots are wonderful! Longwood Gardens is such a beautiful place--yearround! Happy New Year!

Jan said...

Beautiful pictures... Glad you're back in POTD!

Katie said...

I love the last one!!
Katie

Jen said...

So cool! I love the last one

lcp said...

Great job on these, even more so that they were handheld! Looks like such beautiful place to visit.

Lauren Hartman said...

Wow Julie, these are REALLY cool! I especially like the one of the Christmas tree. Nicely done!

cherie said...

very nice shots like the last one alot very pretty

Anonymous said...

I love that last photo...so crisp!
Cari

Debbi said...

Great photos - how beautiful!

Kristi said...

Very beautiful captures! And I LOVE your banner!!

Sharon said...

These are very cool!

Yvonne said...

Love the pictures! I think you did a great job without a tripod! Happy New Year!